To provide and ensure twenty-four hour exemplary Public Safety Communications service for the citizens, communities, and public safety responders of Lapeer County.
Did you know that more than 30 separate public safety and health emergency responding agencies rely on Lapeer County Central Dispatch?
- 8 Police agencies
- 15 Fire departments
- 2 primary EMS agencies
- 5 Medical First Responder Teams
Nearly 800 Public Safety Personnel all communicate and manage emergencies with tremendous cost saving by having 1 consolidated dispatch agency.
Last year Central Dispatch processed over 77,000 calls for assistance from all 18 townships, villages, and cities throughout the county.
By having a comprehensive, consolidated dispatch system, our citizens and public safety responders have the benefits of:
- A single point of contact for all public safety response
- More efficient response time to emergencies
- Reduced confusion and proper agency response
- Enhanced safety for responding emergency personnel
- Elimination of duplication of services
- Responsible, efficient, and economical use of dispatch services
- Interagency cooperation and oversight
- Enhanced 9-1-1
- Enhanced Wireless 9-1-1
- Integrated Public Safety Radio Communications
- Computer aided dispatch
- Emergency medical dispatch
- Emergency operations center
- Central dispatch authority